Volunteering / Mentoring
At the Jewish Educational Trade School, we value our volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Rabbi Mayer Schmukler at (818) 831-3000.
We each possess skills that are valuable to a student. Some of the things you can do to contribute are...
- Be a tutor or a mentor
- Help students with homework
- Listen to children read
- Play educational games with students
- Assist with math or science
- Share information about local history
- Help students learn another language
- Support special projects, activities, or field trips
- Assist with after-school programs
- Provide office support
Become involved with school leadership
At the Jewish Educational Trade School, we value our mentors. If you are interested in mentoring, please contact Rabbi Mayer Schmukler at (818) 831-3000.
A JETS Mentor is any individual who is willing to share his or her time and talents to make a difference in the lives of students.
The mentor meets with the student on the school campus, once a week, during school hours, for a minimum of one year. The goal is student success through academic support, one-to-one friendship and positive role modeling.
- Have an open mind, a passion for education and excellent communication
- Be dependable, patient, flexible and able to commit to a weekly volunteer schedule of at least 2 hours per week, preferably for the remainder of the current semester